Wellington Car Accident Lawyer
Don’t let the injuries suffered in an auto wreck devastate your finances and future as well as your health. Find out how to hold the at-fault party accountable by speaking with a Wellington car accident lawyer.
You’re rear-ended in traffic; a car runs a red light and T-bones you; a distracted driver veers into your lane and sideswipes your vehicle; someone backs into your car in a parking lot.
Aside from being traumatic in the heat of the moment, car accidents can cause ongoing hardships in the form of physical injuries, emotional trauma, and high medical and repair bills. No matter the cause, a car crash is a major life disruption. If your accident was caused by someone else, this disruption can be especially frustrating.
In the aftermath of an auto wreck, an insurance company may be more interested in protecting its profit margins than in getting you the settlement you deserve. A Wellington car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can be an invaluable partner in fighting for your rights and getting you a fair settlement.
Name Everyone Responsible for Your Car Crash
Determining fault in an accident is the first step toward getting you a full settlement. Florida follows laws of comparative negligence, which means that even if you partially contributed to your accident, you could still be entitled to a claim.
Drivers engaging in reckless and careless behaviors are often found liable in accidents. These negligent acts might include any of those listed below:
- Speeding – In 2012, speeding contributed to 30 percent of all fatal crashes nationwide.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk and tipsy driving are severely negligent behaviors that endanger all other motorists.
- Distracted Driving – Any behavior that takes a driver’s mind off the road—eating, texting, arguing with passengers, and so on—is a distracted driving behavior.
- Drowsy Driving – Although commonplace, drowsy drivers pose a serious risk to everyone else on the road. One in twenty-five adults report having fallen asleep at the wheel in the last thirty days.
Any traffic accident can cause you to face a steep recovery. Along with the financial and physical costs, a car accident can rob you of your peace of mind. In addition, a payout from the insurance company may only cover immediate expenses and not take into account long-term needs.
Collecting Damages for a Traffic Accident
Instead of settling for an insurance company payout that is likely to be insufficient, working with a Wellington car accident lawyer can yield you a fair settlement. We will go over all difficulties posed by your accident and determine what a fair payout would be:
- Current and future medical bills
- Car repairs or replacement
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Contact a Wellington Auto Wreck Attorney
After a car wreck, recovering peace of mind and financial stability can be a long journey—but you don’t have to go it alone. Contact a Wellington car accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366 or use the online contact form on this page to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.