How to Get an Accident Report in Boca Raton

Following an injury car accident, you might be looking into whether you can file a personal injury claim for what happened to you. When police are called to the scene of an accident, they almost always provide an accident report. This report can be very helpful for an injury claim, as it can be used as evidence.

Accident reports often contain key information about your accident, which you might not have been able to collect yourself at the time. You were just seriously injured in an auto accident, so it’s understandable that you wouldn’t have had the ability to gather any evidence or information.

The accident report could provide key information such as witness statements, police officer insights, and documentation of the accident scene. These things can point to what caused your accident and who was at fault for it.

If you’ve been injured in an accident in Boca Raton, you will likely be in need of an accident report. Here’s how to obtain one.

Requesting an Accident Report in Boca Raton

The first thing you’ll need to do is find out which police agency assisted with your accident. Was it  the Boca Raton Police Department (BRPD) or some other agency? If it was the BRPD, here’s how you can request a report:

You can visit their website, where you can order a copy online. You can also request a copy in person by calling the records division at 561-338-1234 or by writing to them directly to request a copy of the police report. Requests should be made to the following address:

The Boca Raton Police Services Department

Custodian of Public Records Records Division Manager

100 N.W. Boca Raton Blvd.

Boca Raton, Florida, 33432

Within the first sixty days, you’ll need to complete a crash report affidavit and provide a copy of your drivers license. After sixty days, the public can access the report. The reports cost $0.15 per page.

To request a record from a different Florida government agency, visit their respective website for more details.

Get in Touch with a Boca Raton Accident Attorney

For help requesting an accident report, or for help filing a claim against the person who caused your accident, hire a lawyer at our firm.

We offer a free case consultation, so call The Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo at 561-659-6366. You can also reach us through the online form at the bottom of this page.