West Palm Beach Accident Lawyer
In a matter of seconds, an accident can change the course of your life. If your injuries are the result of someone else’s careless actions, you can hold the negligent party accountable with the help of a West Palm Beach accident attorney.
Some accidents are minor; others can completely disrupt your life. Whether you were hurt in a car accident, injured by a health professional, or bitten by the neighbor’s dog, getting back on your feet can be extremely difficult.
That’s because any accident can present significant physical, emotional, and financial challenges. When you should be focused on your recovery, you’re left dealing with the stress of wondering how you’re going to return to work and pay all your bills.
But a West Palm Beach accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can partner with you as you seek to recoup your financial losses. We’ll work hard to hold the negligent party accountable so you can get the compensation you need.
Types of Injury-Causing Accidents
Our attorneys are experienced in representing injured victims of all kinds, including victims of the following accident types:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – No matter the type of motor vehicle crash you had—bus, motorcycle, car, etc.—if someone else’s negligence caused the accident, you could be entitled to compensation with help from a car accident attorney. Examples of negligent driving include drunk, drowsy, or distracted driving, as well as speeding and other traffic law violations.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are legally obligated to maintain safe premises so visitors do not experience undue safety risks. Premises liability cases can be sparked by incidents like exposure to toxic chemicals, unsafe elevators and escalators, and exposed electrical wiring that causes injury, among other hazards.
- Medical Malpractice – Sometimes, doctors deviate from standard modes of care and a patient suffers worsening illness or injury as a result. This is called medical malpractice. Examples of medical malpractice include medication errors, missed diagnoses, and surgical errors.
- Dog Bites – Florida law states that the owner of a dog who bites another person is liable for damages the victim suffers, even if this was the dog’s first aggressive incident. If the bitten person was engaging in behaviors that incited the dog, his or her compensation amount will reduce by whichever percentage he or she is found liable.
- Product Liability – In the design, manufacturing, and marketing stages of production, companies must ensure that their products are safe for public use. If a defective product causes injury, the manufacturer, designer, marketing team, or all three could be found liable.
- Pedestrian Accidents – In the U.S., one pedestrian death is caused by a crash every 1.6 hours. Older Americans face the greatest risk; according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, pedestrians ages sixty-five and older account for 19 percent of pedestrian fatalities.
- Bicycle Accidents – Bicycle accidents are all too common. Common causes of bicycle accidents include motor vehicle drivers not giving bicyclists appropriate space, “dooring,” and car drivers colliding with bicyclists at left turns.
Timing Is Everything
Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases is four years from the date of the accident. However, it’s in your best interest to contact an accident lawyer much sooner than that.
The sooner you contact a West Palm Beach accident attorney, the sooner you can go about building your case. This involves going over all details of your case with your lawyer.
You may review traffic videos, police reports, witness accounts, and photos from the scene, as well as your own memory of events. The sooner after the accident you seek legal help, the better you will be able to recall each detail.
What’s My Claim Value?
The physical, emotional, and financial challenges accidents present can be tremendous. You may have to miss out on weeks or months of work. Medical bills can pile up overnight. The accident may leave you physically and emotionally traumatized and dependent on physical and emotional therapy to help you regain your life.
A West Palm Beach accident injury lawyer will understand these struggles. Your attorney will work hard to get you full compensation that holds the negligent party accountable and accounts for all your hardships, including the following:
- Lost wages and ability to earn money
- Current and future medical bills
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Physical therapy
- Emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life
Contact a West Palm Beach Accident Attorney
If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you don’t have to suffer in silence. You can and should fight for the compensation you’re entitled to by holding the negligent party accountable.
For help, call a West Palm Beach accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today at 561-659-6366. If you’d prefer to reach out online, fill out the contact form below.