Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Lawyer
If your stress level jumps up every time a semi-truck passes you on the highway, there’s a good reason: Large commercial trucks can cause devastating accidents. If you’ve been hurt in a Palm Beach Gardens truck accident, let one of our lawyers help you get the compensation you deserve.
An 18-wheeler or semi-truck can weigh up to 40 tons. That’s many times the size of an average car. While any vehicle accident has the potential to be devastating, a collision with a truck can easily cause debilitating injuries.
If you’ve been in a truck accident, you might have suffered serious physical, emotional, and financial harm. When you begin to pursue compensation for your hardships, you’re likely to find that trucking companies have large legal departments designed to protect their own. If your accident was the result of a negligent driver or company, you may find yourself facing an uphill battle for a fair settlement.
But the attorneys at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo have experience standing up to trucking companies. A Palm Beach Gardens truck accident lawyer with our firm will fight to get you every penny you’re owed.
Who Caused the Wreck?
A negligent driver or third party could have been responsible for your accident in several ways. Some of these include the following:
- Driver Was Drowsy – Truck drivers are at particular risk of driving drowsy. Many trucking companies reward drivers for traveling long distances on little sleep. This can pose serious risks on the road.
- Driver Was Drunk or Distracted – Because 18-wheelers need more braking time than cars, a driver who is drunk or distracted is unlikely to respond to changing road conditions in time to avoid a collision.
- Truck Was Improperly Loaded – An improperly loaded truck has a higher risk of rolling over. Those who loaded the truck could be found negligent in such a case.
- Truck Had a Defective Part – If the vital systems of an 18-wheeler or semi-truck malfunction, the manufacturer of the defective part could be found liable.
When you contact a Palm Beach Gardens truck crash lawyer, you and your attorney will review the details of your case to determine fault. It’s important to seek legal help soon after the event. That way, evidence will still be readily available and the details of your accident will be fresh in your mind.
Valuing Your Palm Beach Gardens Truck Crash Claim
When an accident occurs, trucking companies get their lawyers and insurance representatives on the case immediately. Their goal: Find evidence that protects the trucking company and bars you from receiving a fair settlement or any settlement at all.
If you are offered a settlement, it’s probably not going to be enough to cover your needs. The trucking company is not interested in your long-term wellbeing. Rather, the aim is to have accident victims quickly accept lowball settlements and forfeit their rights to full and fair compensation.
After a truck accident, you deserve a settlement that truly holds the negligent party accountable. Your Palm Beach Gardens truck collision attorney will fight to get you a settlement that accounts for all the hardships you’ve suffered as a result of your wreck, including the following:
- Car repairs
- Costs of medical treatment and medications
- Temporary or long-term inability to work
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Diminished quality of life
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Truck Crash Lawyer
After you’ve been hurt in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, an attorney with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will help you decide who to name in your claim, assess your damages, and fight to get you what you’re owed.
To get in touch with a Palm Beach Gardens truck accident lawyer, call us today at 561-659-6366 or fill out the online contact form below.