Palm Beach County Truck Accident Lawyer
After a crash with an industrial truck, you’ll likely need substantial amounts of money to pay for the damages and recover from your injuries. Get compensation from those responsible by working with a Palm Beach County truck accident lawyer.
Recovering from a commercial trucking accident can be both a painful and a costly experience. A fully loaded 18-wheeler or semi-truck can weigh up to forty tons, as compared to a typical car’s 1.5 tons. Injuries sustained in truck accidents are often more severe than those resulting from car-on-car collisions.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident for which you were not at fault, you shouldn’t bear the financial burden of your recovery. A Palm Beach County truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can help you get the settlement you’re owed.
Hold the Responsible Party Accountable
Maintaining and driving a commercial truck is a multi-person—sometimes a multi-company—operation. Drivers operate and drive the 18-wheelers; a separate entity may load the cargo; another unit may be responsible for manufacturing truck parts. In an accident, any one of these entities might be found liable for damages depending on their actions.
Your Palm Beach County truck accident lawyer will review all aspects of your case in order to determine who is at fault. Our firm has experience with many different types of truck accident cases:
- Defective Parts – If a cargo load comes loose, brakes fail, or another part of the 18-wheeler malfunctions, a manufacturer could be to blame.
- Speeding – Speeding is a reckless driving behavior; when a driver is behind the wheel of a forty-ton vehicle, the danger is compounded.
- Drunk and Distracted Driving – A drunk or distracted driver of a truck is a danger to all other motorists on the road, especially when the driver is operating such a massive vehicle. Drunk driving, along with fatigued driving, is a major contributor to truck accidents.
- Drowsy Driving – Some trucking companies encourage their drivers to log high mileage in a short period of time. As a result, truck drivers may be encouraged to drive drowsy, which endangers all other motorists.
- Disobeying Traffic Laws – Even a “minor” infraction, such as failing to signal a lane change, could result in major damages when a fully-loaded truck is involved.
Truck accidents can have devastating consequences that leave you reeling physically, emotionally, and financially. If you were not at fault in your accident, the aftermath of a collision can be especially frustrating to deal with. Your Palm Beach County truck accident lawyer will work to make sure you get every penny you’re owed.
Challenging the Trucking Companies After a Crash
Trucking companies have systems in place that protect them in the aftermath of an accident. Companies have their own investigators who visit the scene after an accident, as well as their own lawyers, who have one job: protect the profits of the trucking company.
The Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo is an experienced firm who knows how to stand up to the trucking companies and win. After a semi-truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, an attorney will fight to get you a full and fair settlement.
Contact a Palm Beach County 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident, don’t wait. Contact a Palm Beach County truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366 or use the online contact form on this page. Your initial consultation is free, so there’s no risk involved in exploring your options.