West Palm Beach Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If someone hurt your elderly loved one, hold them accountable with help from an experienced lawyer.
Few things are worse than trusting the care of your loved ones to someone else, only to later discover that they’ve been subjecting them to abuse. This can be especially traumatic when it involves elderly relatives in a nursing home, possibly even your parents. These individuals are often helpless to stop the abuse and are fearful to report it as they depend on these people to care for them.
If you have a family member who’s experienced this type of tragedy—or even if you just suspect it—contact the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. A West Palm Beach nursing home abuse lawyer from our firm can help you determine what your options are and hold those at fault responsible.
What Qualifies As Nursing Home Abuse?
Abuse takes many forms, and all of it must be stopped and compensated when discovered. These are some of the more common scenarios seen in unethical and poorly supervised elder homes:
- Neglect – Sometimes the staff simply ignores the people in their care. They might fail to feed them, provide medication, or attend to hygiene issues. Bed sores can develop in neglected bed-bound residents.
- Physical Abuse – If your relative seems fearful and has bruises and cuts, it’s possible that someone at the home is physically abusing him or her.
- Sexual Abuse – This can take the form of inappropriate touching and even rape.
- Medical Malpractice – There have been cases where a nurse or doctor has committed medical malpractice of some kind, such as prescribing the wrong medication, and the home has tried to cover it up.
A lawyer from our firm can help you investigate and determine precisely what has taken place with your abused relative. Elder abuse is a horrible thing, and we’ll make certain that no stone goes unturned when putting the facts of your case together.
Getting a Full Settlement for Elder Abuse
It’s not enough to get your relative out of an abusive situation. Your family deserves financial compensation from those responsible, and the abuse might simply happen to someone else if you let it go unpunished.
With help from a lawyer, you and your loved one will be able to recover a settlement that accounts for everything you’ve been through. This includes both your financial expenses and your non-economic damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Medication and mobility equipment
- Emotional and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Lost enjoyment of life
Contact an Experienced Attorney
If the people you trusted to care for your loved one instead abused him or her, the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can help you recover the compensation that could enable your family to pick up the pieces and move on from a tragic event.
Find out how a West Palm Beach nursing home abuse lawyer from our firm can help you get the settlement you deserve. Schedule a free, no-pressure consultation by completing the form on this page or by calling 561-659-6366.