Palm Beach Gardens Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When you enter into the care of medical professionals, you’re putting your life in their hands. When they don’t treat you with care, a Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice attorney can help you hold them accountable.
Being a victim of any kind of medical malpractice can put your life at risk or leave you with permanent injuries. In short, it’s devastating.
Medical malpractice occurs when medical professionals deviate from standard modes of care in the treatment of a patient. Perhaps a doctor misses a diagnosis or gives a dangerous dose of anesthesia to a patient.
The result? Worsening illness or injury and possibly even death.
A full financial settlement won’t change the physical results of your case; however, it can go a long way toward bringing back your peace of mind. A Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo is ready to fight for you in this difficult time.
What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
No one expects to be the victim of medical malpractice. However, it’s extremely common; in 2016, medical errors were the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
Some examples of medical malpractice include the following:
- Improper or Missed Diagnosis – If a doctor fails to correctly diagnose a serious condition—cancer, for example—you miss out on precious time that could be devoted to treatment.
- Medication Error – If a medical professional administers a dose of medication at the wrong time, misses a dose, or provides an incorrect dosage amount, you can suffer serious consequences. Medication errors cause at least one death every day in the U.S.
- Surgical Error – Surgical errors can range in severity, from operating materials left inside the body to a surgeon amputating the wrong limb.
- Birth Injury – A relatively common example of birth injury is when a doctor fails to perform a cesarean section in time, resulting in an infant’s lack of oxygen and potentially serious birth trauma.
- Lack of Informed Consent – Physicians must have the informed consent of a patient before performing any procedure. If a physician proceeds without informed consent and an illness or injury worsens, the doctor could be found negligent.
In Florida, you have two years from the date of the incident to file a claim for compensation. If a physician, hospital, or other entity engages in fraud to conceal the malpractice, you have two years from learning of the malpractice to file a suit—or seven years total from the actual event.
What’s My Claim Worth?
Suffering at the hands of a medical professional can harm you physically, emotionally, and financially—possibly for life. Few events are as traumatizing.
A qualified Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice attorney will understand how devastating medical malpractice can be. Your attorney will fight to get you a full settlement that accounts for all hardships you have faced and will face, including the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages or income opportunity
- Funeral costs for a loved one
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Medical Malpractice Attorney
Although medical malpractice can have devastating effects, there is hope. A Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will fight for you to get justice. Call us today at 561-659-6366 or fill out our online contact form below.