Boca Raton Dental Malpractice Lawyer
If you’ve been the victim of a negligent dentist, you may not know how to go about seeking compensation for your injuries. Get what you’re owed by contacting a Boca Raton dental malpractice attorney from our firm.
No one likes to go to the dentist. Still, you expect that your dentist knows what he or she is doing and that you will be accurately diagnosed and given the best treatment your dentist is capable of. You would never imagine that your dentist would perform unsafe or careless treatments on you, nor do you expect to be seriously injured.
If you believe a dental professional has injured you, it’s possible that you have a case for dental negligence. Speak with a Boca Raton dental malpractice lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. We can determine whether your dentist was negligent in treating you and pursue the compensation you’re owed for your injuries.
What Constitutes Dental Malpractice?
Dental malpractice is similar to medical malpractice in that dentists owe their patients a duty of adequate care. If they fall below that standard, they can be held liable for any injuries they cause. A few elements must be proven to establish a case for dental malpractice in Boca Raton:
- Your Dentist’s Duty – Dentists have a duty to their patients to provide them with the best treatment in their power.
- A Breach of Duty – You must prove that your dentist’s care fell below a reasonable standard.
- Resulting Injuries – If proper care had been taken, you wouldn’t have been injured.
- Real Damages – You can’t expect to be compensated simply because your dentist made a mistake. You must have actually suffered measurable damages, such as injury-related medical bills.
Proving the above items can be difficult. It may involve gathering evidence and documents and filling out endless paperwork. Fortunately, a dental malpractice lawyer in Boca Raton can help you.
Some Examples of Dental Malpractice in Boca Raton
Dentists are doctors, and they have a duty to their patients to provide them with proper care. If they are negligent and cause serious injuries—injuries that could have been prevented if reasonable care had been taken—you can file a personal injury claim against them.
Dentists must be held accountable for their negligence so they don’t continue to hurt others. You deserve to be compensated for the pain and trauma this ordeal has caused you, as well as the financial burden your accident has left you with.
The following are some common examples of cases involving dental malpractice:
- Jaw fractures
- Anesthesia injuries
- Incorrect teeth extracted
- Hospitalization caused by dental procedures
- Failure to diagnose an oral or dental illness
- Improper follow-up and aftercare
- Failed oral and dental surgery
- Nerve injuries to the lips, face, or tongue
- Wrongful death
Work with a Boca Raton Dental Malpractice Attorney
Don’t let a negligent dentist go unpunished. You deserve justice and compensation for all you’ve suffered. Contact a Boca Raton dental malpractice lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. To arrange a free consultation, simply call 561-659-6366 or fill out the form at the bottom of the page.