West Palm Beach Head-On Collision Lawyer
Wrong-way crashes can result in devastating injuries. Make certain you get fully compensated by working with a West Palm Beach head-on collision lawyer.
You’re driving down the highway when an out-of-control driver comes barreling into view. There’s no time to swerve; in an instant, the driver has drifted into your lane, hitting you head on.
What comes next?
While any automobile crash can be dangerous, a head-on collision is particularly so, with a higher rate of fatalities than any other type of crash. If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death as the result of a head-on collision, contacting West Palm Beach head-on collision lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can be your first step towards obtaining just compensation.
Causes of Head-On Car Accidents
Head-on collisions occur when two moving vehicles traveling in opposite directions crash into each other. Common reasons that will need to be considered when investigating your crash are as follows:
- Distracted Driving – A driver engaging in behaviors such as texting or eating while behind the wheel may lose control of his or her car, swerving into oncoming traffic
- Passing on a Two-Lane Road – Often, head-on collisions occur when drivers with limited sight lanes attempt to pass slower-moving vehicles and collide with oncoming traffic
- Intoxication or Fatigue – Losing control of the vehicle or driving the wrong way due to drowsy driving or drunk driving
- Road Conditions – Swerving to miss dangerous road hazards, such as debris or potholes
The first thing that your West Palm Beach head-on collision lawyer will do is determine fault for your wrong-way accident. With Florida’s comparative negligence statute, it is possible that you will be found partially responsible for the collision—which would reduce the size of your potential compensation. That’s why it can be beneficial to have an experienced head-on collision attorney fighting for you.
Your Injuries Should Be Compensated
The physical impact of a head-on collision can have traumatic, debilitating consequences. Injuries that often result from head-on collisions include the following:
- Head trauma such as concussions, brain damage, or skull fractures
- Chest and rib injuries, such as bruises and fractures from impact with airbags and seat belts
- Internal injuries, particularly damage to the kidneys and liver
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Lower leg/femur damage, often the result of legs colliding with the dashboard
- Paralysis due to a spine injury
- Death from being thrown from the vehicle
Know the Value of Your Claim
If you’ve been involved in a frontal crash, you could be facing a wide array of medical expenses. We will review your case and work to get you the most compensation possible.
You could be entitled to damages such as the following:
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Current and future medical expenses
- Property damage and vehicle repair
- Counseling for psychological trauma induced by the head-on
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering and lost quality of life
- Wrongful death
Contact a West Palm Beach Wrong-Way Accident Lawyer
A head-on collision is a terrifying experience. Luckily, finding legal representation doesn’t have to be.
If you’ve been involved in a wrong-way crash, contact an experienced West Palm Beach head-on collision lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366 or complete the contact form on this page. Your consultation is free, so there’s no risk involved.