West Palm Beach Car Accident Spine Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a spine injury from a car accident, the effects of the accident will impact your life long after the wreckage has cleared.
And if your spine injury was the result of someone else’s negligence, the steps you take after your car accident can determine whether you receive compensation for your injury. Hiring an attorney is a safe first step.
The car accident attorneys with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo believe negligent drivers should be held accountable and will work to get you the full and fair settlement you deserve.
Whose Fault Was It?
Spinal cord injuries are some of the most devastating injuries you can experience.
After a car accident that causes a back injury, you may face full or partial loss of motor control and sensation below the affected area of your spine or partial or total paralysis. Severe spinal cord injuries can affect breathing, bladder control, heart rate, and blood pressure, according to the World Health Organization.
The effects of your spinal cord injury will determine what types of compensation you should seek.
Holding Them Accountable
Your lawyer cannot change the results of your accident. However, he or she will fight to hold the negligent driver accountable. To begin this process, you and your attorney will review all the details of your case to determine who was at fault.
Several factors could have caused your car accident, such as:
- Speeding – Though common, speeding is a dangerous negligent behavior.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is a grossly negligent behavior that is, unfortunately, prevalent.
- Distracted Driving – A distracted driver is any driver whose attention is not on the road. He or she may be texting, eating, or changing the radio station, for example.
- Defective Auto Part – If a vital system in your car or the other driver’s car malfunctions and contributes to your accident, an attorney may be able to bring a product liability case against the car’s manufacturer.
What’s the Value of Your Claim?
While no amount of money will make your life the same as it previously was, an attorney will seek a settlement that accounts for the many hardships you are now facing.
Your settlement amount may include compensation for some of these expenses:
- Lost wages or ability to work
- Ongoing care and rehabilitation
- Assistive devices, such as motorized wheelchairs
- Modifications to your home, such as stair lifts and access ramps
- Physical and emotional therapy
Contact a Lawyer Today
Even in the devastating event of a spine injury, the right attorney can bring you hope for financial justice.
Contact the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today to speak with a West Palm Beach car accident spine injury lawyer. Call 561-659-6366 or head to the bottom of this page to fill out our contact form.