Wellington Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’re the victim of a truck accident, the last thing you want to do is try to obtain compensation for your injuries by yourself. A Wellington truck accident lawyer can ease the burden and help you get your recovery on track.
An 18-wheeler or semi-truck can be many times the size of an average vehicle, and that raises the potential for it to cause damage. A truck accident can harm your health, your finances, and your peace of mind.
An unfortunate reality in the aftermath of a truck accident: The trucking company’s lawyers will do everything they can to reduce your settlement amount. Immediately after the event, they may ask you to sign waivers or look for ways to discredit your account of the crash.
An experienced attorney can stand up to the trucking company and insurance company to protect your right to compensation for your injuries. A Wellington truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will fight to get you every penny you’re owed.
A driver or trucking company’s negligence could have contributed to your accident in several possible ways. Your lawyer will help you sort out the details to determine who is at fault and why.
The following are some factors that can contribute to truck accidents:
- Drowsy Driving – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that truck drivers are more likely than other drivers to drive drowsy. Many trucking companies reward drivers for delivering their shipments quickly, which means some drivers will drive for long periods of time without stopping to sleep.
- Defective Parts – If a part on an 18-wheeler or semi-truck malfunctions, the results can be catastrophic. The manufacturer of the part that malfunctioned may be found negligent if that part caused the accident.
- Drunk or Distracted Driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs or while distracted can sharply increase any driver’s risk of causing a collision. When the driver is behind the wheel of a 40-ton truck, the threat becomes even more serious.
- Improper Loads – Improperly loading a truck can raise the risk of the truck rolling over, which can cause a road hazard or collision. The person responsible for loading the truck may be found negligent in such an instance.
Understanding Comparative Negligence
Florida follows the doctrine of comparative negligence, which can play a large part in the amount of compensation you receive.
The basic idea behind comparative negligence is that multiple parties in an accident can be at fault to a certain degree. If you are found to be 25 percent at fault for your truck accident, 25 percent will be subtracted from your total settlement value.
Comparative negligence means that proving the fault of the other party in your truck accident is crucial in receiving the compensation you need. That’s why hiring a Wellington truck accident lawyer is so important.
The Value of Your Claim
The aftermath of a truck accident is an incredibly stressful time. You may have suffered severe physical injuries or be in significant emotional distress. Unfortunately, this is precisely the time when a trucking company’s lawyers will attempt to take advantage of you.
A Jupiter truck accident lawyer will protect you and work to get you a full and fair settlement after a collision with a negligent truck driver. Our experienced attorneys fight for settlements that represent all hardships imposed by an accident, including the following:
- Car repairs
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income opportunity
- Pain and suffering
Call a Wellington Truck Accident Lawyer
A Wellington truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will do everything possible to ensure your voice is heard and that you get the compensation you need to recover. Call us today at 561-659-6366 or complete our online contact form at the bottom of this page.