Wellington Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a serious injury and someone else was to blame for what happened, you can get a settlement to cover your damages and losses by working with a Wellington personal injury lawyer.
You’re sideswiped in an intersection; a household appliance malfunctions dangerously; a neighbor’s dog attacks. Accidents can happen to anyone and at any time, no matter how careful a person is. When they do occur, accidents pose disruptions to life, ranging from the mildly annoying to the severely inhibiting.
An accident is especially frustrating when caused by someone else’s negligence. If you’ve been injured due to the actions of another person, facing the physical, emotional, and financial hardships caused by the accident can be a tough pill to swallow.
A Wellington personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can be an invaluable partner who will work to restore your peace of mind during a stressful time and to recover a full settlement from the at-fault party.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury can be caused by any number of accidents. Your Wellington personal injury lawyer will have experience handling claims for a variety of different scenarios:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Whether the crash involved a car, motorcycle, or 18-wheeler, if you were injured because someone else was negligent while driving, you could be entitled to a claim.
- Dog Bites – Pet owners have a responsibility to keep their dogs from harming others. Over 4.5 million dog bites occur in the United States each year, with one in five of these bites becoming infected.
- Medical Malpractice – When doctors and other medical practitioners deviate from standard modes of care, illness and serious personal injury can occur.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death can be caused by any negligent act that results in another’s death, including medical malpractice, automobile accidents, criminal behavior, and more.
- Defective Products – Manufacturers have an obligation to produce safe products for public consumption and to warn consumers if a product is found to be unsafe. Failure to do so could result in product liability claim.
- Premises Liability – If you’ve been injured while on a property that the owner did not maintain according to state and federal standards, you could be entitled to a claim.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian accidents are becoming more common: In 2015, fifteen people per day were killed in pedestrian-car accidents.
Assessing the Value of Your Catastrophic Injury Damages
Upon first contacting a Wellington personal injury lawyer from our firm, we will review all details of your case to determine who was at fault. Florida follows laws of comparative negligence. This means that even if you were partially at fault for your accident, you could still be entitled to a claim.
After suffering an injury, an initial settlement from the insurance company might only be enough to cover your immediate needs. Insurance companies are focused on protecting their profits, not on giving full and fair payouts to injured parties.
Our office will work to make sure you get the full settlement you’re owed by reviewing all of the ways your life has been negatively affected by your accident:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and diminished future earning potential
- Necessary physical and emotional therapy
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
A serious injury can feel incredibly isolating, but if someone else caused your accident, you shouldn’t have to walk through the aftermath alone.
Contact a Wellington Serious Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury, a Wellington personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can help. Call 561-659-6366 today or use the online contact form on this page to schedule your free consultation.