Royal Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
Don’t face your injury and the resulting damages alone. Work with a Royal Palm Beach injury lawyer.
A serious injury doesn’t just impact you physically—it worsens your financial and emotional health, along with that of your loved ones. Luckily, many injury victims are eligible to find relief in the form of compensation for their injuries.
To find out how much you may be able to receive in a personal injury claim, contact a Royal Palm Beach personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today.
Understanding Your Case Type
There is a wide variety of types of personal injury cases, which can make identifying the particular type you’ve experienced challenging. Generally, we can categorize most Royal Palm Beach personal injury cases into one of a handful of types, which include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car crashes are no less common today than they were a few years ago. Key to winning a personal injury case revolving around a collision is often proving negligence on the part of another driver. This can be achieved in any number of ways, although demonstrating the other parties were distracted (e.g., on a cell phone) might be the easiest avenue. We can also help with commercial trucking collisions and accidents involving motorcyclists.
- Work and Construction Accidents – It’s uncomfortable to think of your workplace as a dangerous space, but it has the potential to be. Work accident victims will often be eligible to receive compensation, but it will likely entail giving up any workers compensation benefits. Proving negligence, once again, will be the threshold you will have to pass.
- Product Liability – Even if manufactured by machines, some goods will slip through the cracks of quality control, enabling these defective products to injure you. Whether you’re hurt by a defective car, toy, or refrigerator, you may want to consider presenting a claim.
- Premises Liability – When on property that isn’t your own, you often enter an implicit, agreement with the property’s owner that you won’t damage each other’s selves or belongings. Should the property owner do something negligent (e.g., leaving the floors wet) and injure you, you may very well have grounds for a suit.
- Medical Malpractice – Physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel aren’t perfect. If you know or suspect that your doctor unnecessarily conducted a procedure or made a costly error, it’s never a bad idea to explore your legal options.
In Florida, personal injury victims are given four years from the date of their accident to pursue personal injury compensation, although this is generally shortened to two years for those who present a medical malpractice case. The length of time you are given from the date of your accident to present a lawsuit is referred to as the statute of limitations.
If you miss this deadline, you risk forfeiting your ability to file a Royal Palm Beach personal injury claim.
Adding Up Your Damages
You will want to account for not only all of the injuries you have sustained as a result of your accident, but any associated losses.
Examples of losses that may apply to your case include medical treatment expenses, lost income or wage-earning potential, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of consortium, loss of property, and worsened quality of life.
Make sure to document how your injuries and losses have affected you in the past and present, along with how you expect them to impact you in the future. That way, your Royal Palm Beach accident injury lawyer can help you pursue comprehensive compensation.
Contact a Royal Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Whether you’ve been injured on a walk or at work, you deserve no less than maximum compensation for the harm to which you’ve been subjected. To receive the financial support you need, contact an attorney at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today.
Call us today at 561-659-6366 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page to schedule a free, no-pressure consultation with a Royal Palm Beach personal injury lawyer.