Riviera Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If a doctor or medical professional has injured you, call the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. We will seek compensation and justice for your medical injury.
Your very life depends on your health. Medical treatment is paramount to your health, and you trust the medical professionals you visit to take proper care of you. When they fail in their duty to provide you with proper care, they can and should be held accountable for their mistakes.
Mistakes could cause you great injury, and your injuries could lead to you becoming disabled. You may not be able to work again, or you may acquire significant medical debt to correct the error your doctor caused.
To file a medical malpractice claim against a healthcare professional who has injured you, contact a Riviera Beach medical malpractice lawyer from our firm. We fight tirelessly to protect the rights of those injured by medical negligence.
How Do I Know if I Have a Valid Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional injures you through negligence. When a doctor takes you on as a patient, you expect him or her to do everything possible to treat your ailments and accurately diagnose you.
If you are misdiagnosed or injured in a way that affects your health, you have the right to hold the negligent doctor or other healthcare professional accountable. For a medical provider to be deemed negligent, the following elements must be present:
- A Violation of the Standard of Care – When a doctor is not acting within the parameters of care determined to be reasonable, negligence could be established.
- An Injury Because of a Doctor’s Negligent Actions – It’s not enough for a doctor to simply make a mistake; the doctor’s mistakes must have caused you harm.
- Your Injury Caused Significant, Measurable Losses – The injuries your doctor caused resulted in damages or losses for you.
A qualified Riviera Beach medical malpractice claim lawyer can help you determine whether you have a valid case.
Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases in Riviera Beach
Doctors make mistakes, but not every injury they cause will result in a medical malpractice case. There are also caps on how much money you can receive in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Here are some common types of malpractice cases for which you could file a lawsuit against the doctor who injured you:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Unnecessary surgery or surgical errors
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Prescribing improper medication or incorrect dosages
- Failure to apply the patient’s history to his or her care
Reach Out to a Riviera Beach Medical Malpractice Attorney
When you seek help from medical professionals, you trust them to take care of you—after all, your health is in their hands. If you are injured or made sick because of their negligence, you deserve an outlet through which to hold them accountable.
Filing a medical malpractice claim against them can allow you to be compensated while also, hopefully, preventing anyone else from being injured. Get in touch with a Riviera Beach medical malpractice lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo for a free consultation. You can call us at 561-659-6366 or complete the contact form below.