Palm Beach Gardens Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been hurt in a motorcycle accident? Let a Palm Beach Gardens motorcycle crash lawyer get you the compensation you deserve.
Few activities rival the thrill of riding a motorcycle. Whether you enjoy riding because of the bike’s superior maneuverability, the enjoyment of nature, or the camaraderie with other riders, riding a motorcycle is an exciting method of travel.
Unfortunately, other drivers can take away some of that excitement by putting you at risk with their negligent actions. While motorcyclists must be vigilant and constantly aware of larger vehicles sharing the road, other drivers do not always extend this courtesy to motorcyclists. Accidents are the all-too-common result.
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a negligent driver, you may be up against deeply ingrained bias against motorcyclists, which can make it hard to get the full settlement you’re entitled to.
But a Palm Beach Gardens motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will know how to fight these false stereotypes and get you the full settlement you deserve.
Who’s at Fault?
Though motorcyclists are often painted as reckless drivers, many other factors could have caused your accident. Some examples follow:
- Improper Left Turn or Lane Change – Many motorcycle accidents are caused by a driver who did not see the motorcyclist when making a lane change or left turn.
- Drunk or Distracted Driver – Drunk driving is a seriously negligent behavior. Distracted driving—driving while eating, texting, arguing with others, etc.—is becoming even more common.
- Road Hazard – Motorcycles are vulnerable to dangerous road conditions because of their small size and lack of external protection. If a road hazard leads to an accident, a local agency responsible for keeping roads clear may be found responsible.
- Reckless Driver – Reckless driving behaviors include speeding, following too closely, running red lights, and other negligent driving behaviors.
In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is four years. However, you’ll want to seek legal help as soon as possible. The sooner after the accident you contact an attorney, the more easily you’ll be able to recollect the events that led to your crash. Additionally, more evidence will be readily available.
Determining Claim Value
Florida follows the doctrine of comparative negligence when it comes to personal injury cases. This means your settlement amount will reduce by whatever percentage you are found responsible. Because it’s aware of the “reckless motorcyclist” stereotype, the insurance company will likely try to exaggerate your role in your motorcycle wreck.
Having an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in your corner can ease your mind. Your Palm Beach Gardens motorcycle crash attorney will have experience standing up to insurance companies’ unfair tactics.
While the insurance company is likely to offer a low settlement amount or none at all, your lawyer will fight to get you compensation that addresses all the hardships your accident imposed.
These damages may include the following:
- Bike repairs
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and inability to work
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Motorcycle Crash Lawyer
After a motorcycle accident, you’re dealing with physical pain and damage to your bike; you shouldn’t have to deal with a fight for the compensation you deserve, too. Let the team at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo handle that fight for you.
To get in touch with a Palm Beach Gardens motorcycle accident lawyer, call 561-659-6366 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.