Jupiter Truck Accident Lawyer
When you file a claim against a trucking company, you’re likely to face a whole team of lawyers who want to limit your settlement. Get a Jupiter truck accident lawyer on your side to get the compensation you need.
Any vehicle accident can be a terrifying experience. When one of the vehicles involved is an enormous 18-wheeler or semi-truck, the experience becomes even more frightening—and the potential for serious injury grows.
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, you may have suffered extensive damage to your car, as well as significant personal injuries and emotional trauma. And because trucking companies have legal departments meant to protect them if a truck is involved in a collision, getting the full settlement you deserve can be an uphill battle.
Having a legal ally accustomed to standing up to trucking companies can go a long way. An experienced Jupiter truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will fight to get you the settlement you deserve.
Who’s at Fault?
When you contact a lawyer about your accident, the first thing to do is review the details of your case to determine who was at fault. This process may involve witness accounts, police reports, and traffic videos. If the truck driver acted negligently and caused your accident, you may be entitled to a settlement.
There are many scenarios in which a negligent driver or third party with the trucking company could have been responsible for your accident:
- Drowsy Driver – Driver fatigue is a common danger for truck drivers because many companies reward drivers for traveling many miles on little sleep. Truck drivers are more likely than non-commercial drivers to drive drowsy, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Drunk or Distracted Driver – Grossly negligent behaviors like drunk or distracted driving endanger all other motorists. A distracted driver is any driver engaging in behavior that takes his or her mind off the road—texting, eating, talking on the phone, changing the radio station, and similar activities.
- Defective Parts – If a truck’s vital systems do not work properly and contribute to your accident—for example, if the brakes fail or the power steering goes out—a parts manufacturer could be found responsible for your accident.
- Improperly Loaded Truck – A truck that is improperly loaded has a higher risk of rolling over and is a road hazard. The person who loaded the truck could bear responsibility for your accident in such an instance.
Determining Claim Value
Trying to get a full settlement in the aftermath of an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck can be incredibly frustrating. Trucking companies alert their lawyers of the accident almost immediately, and they look for ways to cast blame on you to keep you from getting a full settlement. The trucking company’s primary interest is protecting its profits.
A qualified vehicle accident lawyer knows the ways the trucking company will try to exploit you after an accident and will fight to get you a settlement that accounts for the many hardships you may now face, such as:
- Car repairs
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income opportunity
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Jupiter Truck Accident Lawyer
After a truck accident, you need someone fighting for you. Contact a Jupiter truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366 or complete our online contact form at the bottom of the page to arrange your free consultation.