Jupiter Personal Injury Lawyer
Having suffered a serious injury, you need to know if you can seek compensation from the party responsible. Find out how to handle your claim by working with a Jupiter personal injury lawyer.
Accidents are a fact of life and can happen to anyone, anytime. While most accidents are minor, others can have catastrophic effects on your life. If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by another person, the experience can be especially devastating.
After sustaining a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s carelessness, you could be entitled to a financial settlement. A Jupiter personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo will work to get you the full and fair settlement you’re owed.
Personal Injury Accidents Take a Variety of Forms
There are many different types of accidents in which injuries occur. No matter what type of accident you were hurt in, a Jupiter personal injury lawyer from our firm will be able to help you seek compensation:
- Vehicular Accidents – No matter the type of vehicle involved—car, boat, semi-truck, bus, motorcycle—if your accident was caused by someone else, you could be entitled to a settlement.
- Pedestrian Accidents – In 2015, Florida had the highest rate of pedestrian fatalities of any state. When a driver is not mindful of pedestrians, the consequences are often devastating.
- Defective Products – Manufacturers are obligated to offer safe products for public consumption and to provide warning if products do not meet safety standards. If you’ve been injured because a manufacturer failed to do this, you could be entitled to a claim.
- Medical Malpractice – When medical practitioners deviate from standard modes of care, catastrophic injury or wrongful death can occur. If you or a loved one have suffered due to medical negligence, you could be entitled to a settlement.
- Premises Liability – Business owners are bound by state and federal laws to make their properties safe for visitors. Failure to abide by these laws can result in severe injuries.
- Dog Bites – Each year, over 600 Floridians are hospitalized after a dog-bite injury, and an average of two Floridians die after being bitten by a dog. Pet owners could be liable for damages if their negligence contributed to another’s dog-bite injury.
Financial Compensation for Your Catastrophic Injury
In order to determine your claim’s worth, your Jupiter personal injury lawyer will first work to determine who was at fault in your accident. Florida follows the doctrine of comparative negligence, meaning that even if you were partially at fault in your accident, you can still be entitled to a settlement.
In order to get you a full settlement, we will need to assess your situation and consider all difficulties imposed by your accident. These damages may include any of those listed below, just to name a few:
- Current and future medical bills
- Property repairs
- Lost wages and diminished earning ability
- Decreased quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Physical or emotional therapy
The days and weeks after an accident can be an isolating time, full of uncertainty regarding how you’re going to get back on your feet. We can go through the traumatic post-accident period with you and help restore some of your peace of mind.
Contact a Jupiter Serious Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s actions, don’t wait. Contact a Jupiter personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366, or use the online contact form on this page to schedule your free case evaluation.