When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
There are many reasons to consider hiring a Florida Personal Injury Attorney when you are involved in an auto accident and are seriously hurt. At the law firm of Casey D. Shomo, P.A, we are asked quite often the question – “When should I hire a personal injury lawyer?”.
Here is the short answer: If you are injured in an auto accident due to another driver’s negligence, there is no guarantee your medical bills will be covered by that driver’s car insurance company; or, if you are paid by the insurance company, that you will be justly compensated.
Insurance companies and their legal teams are well versed on how to minimize settlements claims in bodily injury cases, putting you at a decided disadvantage if you attempt to challenge them on your own. So the real question you should ask yourself is do you rally want to challenge the insurance company by yourself? Most likely not.
So we have put together a list of “When” and “When Not” scenarios for you to consider when making a decision to hire a personal injury lawyer if you are hurt in an auto accident:
You should strongly consider hiring a personal injury lawyer if:
- You sustained serious injuries with possible long-term repercussions.
- The other involved driver was uninsured or underinsured.
- You and the other driver are in dispute over who was at fault.
- You are feeling pressured by the claims adjuster to agree to a quick settlement. Fast usually takes precedent over fair, often leading to rash decisions compounded by complicated insurance-speak in the settlement agreement.
- You don’t feel you’re being fully compensated for your current and future medical costs resulting from your car accident injury.
- You feel your state’s statutes of limitation laws may come into effect before you can challenge the settlement claim on your own.
You May NOT Want to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer if:
- Do not hire a personal injury attorney if your car accident injuries are minor. Hiring an injury attorney for a bruised knee cap or arm abrasions will not usually justify the legal costs.
If you are interested in discussing your case with the West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo, P.A. for free, call today at (800) 690-7868.