Greenacres Truck Accident Lawyer
To find out how to obtain the compensation you need after a truck accident, get in touch with a Greenacres 18-wheeler accident lawyer.
A crash involving an 18-wheeler is likely going to be far more dangerous and cause much more damage than a crash involving just cars. The likelihood of serious or catastrophic injuries when a semi-truck or other large commercial vehicle is involved is very high.
After your semi-truck collision, you may find yourself at a loss as to where you should go from here. You might be questioning whether your injuries will allow you to ever go back to work, and you may be anxious about how you’ll pay for your medical bills, your lost property, and any other expenses that might have resulted from the accident.
Calling a Greenacres truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo is a great first step to getting everything figured out. We will do everything we can to make sure you receive compensation for your 18-wheeler crash. Getting the compensation you need is imperative if you want your life to return to normal.
Determining Fault in Greenacres Commercial Trucking Collisions
When a commercial truck wreck occurs, it may seem that there is only one responsible party, but there can often be several. Trucks can crash due to unsafe road conditions or other road hazards, failure to maintain the 18-wheeler itself, or even improper manufacturing.
If any of these factors played a role in your truck crash, then people other than the trucker are likely also responsible for your injuries and can be held liable. A Greenacres truck accident attorney from our office can collect evidence and witness testimony to prove who was responsible for your crash.
Your attorney will evaluate which factors played a part in your commercial vehicle accident. Common reasons for semi-truck wrecks include the following:
- Drowsy Driving – Semi-truck drivers are more likely than many other drivers to drive drowsy because they often drive for many hours at a time. Strict rules govern truck drivers’ rest schedules, and if truckers or trucking companies break these rules, they may be liable for your injuries if an accident results.
- Unsecured Cargo – Truckers carry cargo that can be dangerous to others on the road. If a negligent trucker or cargo loaders failed to secure the truck’s load, they may be held responsible for your crash.
- Distracted Driving – Even truckers can be distracted by texting, phone calls, and radios. They need to be vigilant while driving because their vehicles are large enough to do incredible damage.
- Inadequate Training – Sometimes, a driver hasn’t received proper training, and this can result in an 18-wheeler colliding with another driver. The trucking company can be held responsible for failing to train its drivers.
What Compensation Am I Eligible For?
When you’re involved in a semi-truck crash in Greenacres and it wasn’t your fault, you are entitled to a comprehensive compensation package that could include the following:
- Vehicle replacement or repair costs
- Lost wages, both now and in the future
- Mental health treatment and physical therapy
- Healthcare expenses
- Pain and suffering
Consult with a Greenacres Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
You deserve to be compensated for your truck accident. But the fight ahead of you is bound to be long and difficult without a lawyer’s help.
To get in touch with a Greenacres truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo, fill out the form below or give us a call at 561-659-6366.