Greenacres Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Victims of medical malpractice may suffer life-altering injuries, and they deserve compensation for the hardships they’ll have to endure. To get what you’re owed, get in touch with a Greenacres medical malpractice attorney.
Any injury can be terrifying, but it can be even more alarming when your injury is due to the negligence of a physician or other healthcare provider. You trust your doctor to take care of you, and your health is essential to your quality of life. That’s why it can be so disturbing to discover medical mistakes that may have impacted your health.
So what do you do when you’ve been injured because of a physician’s carelessness?
Identifying medical negligence and developing a solid case against the medical professional who injured you takes extensive time and energy because the medical provider’s right to practice medicine could be on the line.
That’s why many victims choose to let a Greenacres medical malpractice lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo handle the process of collecting compensation for their injuries.
Do I Have a Medical Malpractice Case?
You might be unsure of whether your case is a medical malpractice case, but a medical malpractice attorney can help you determine whether you have a claim and how much your claim is worth.
To prove medical injury, these four legal elements must be demonstrated:
- There was a professional duty owed to you.
- There was some kind of breach of that professional duty.
- As a result of that breach, you suffered a medical injury.
- Resulting damages were caused by the medical injury.
Monetary damages awarded to medical injury victims can include economic (financial loss due to injury) and non-economic damages (non-monetary losses).
Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
Unfortunately, medical professionals can injure you in many ways. They may not fully listen to your complaints, they might misdiagnose your illness, or they may prescribe you the wrong medication, for example.
There are many other ways in which you can be hurt through medical negligence. The following are a few common examples of medical malpractice cases:
- Poor Follow-Up Care – This occurs when a medical professional fails to follow up after treatment and you are injured as a result.
- Incorrect Medication or Dosage – When a care provider prescribes you the wrong medicine or dose, you might be able to pursue compensation.
- Failure to Diagnose or Misdiagnosis – Incorrectly diagnosing a problem or missing the problem altogether can constitute grounds for a Greenacres medical malpractice claim.
- Unnecessary Surgery – Surgery is dangerous; no one wants to take surgical risks if the surgery is not needed.
- Errors During Surgery – Mistakes made during your operation can injure you, and you might be eligible for compensation.
Work with a Greenacres Medical Malpractice Attorney
If a doctor or other medical professional was negligent while caring for you, you should be compensated for your injuries and any related damages. Physicians must be held to high standards; after all, your health is on the line.
To boost your chance of filing a successful claim for compensation, get in touch with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. To speak with a Greenacres medical malpractice lawyer, give us a call at 561-659-6366 or head to the bottom of the page to fill out our online contact form.