Delray Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
The injuries that follow a trucking wreck can easily be catastrophic and leave you buried in medical bills. Make sure you get compensated by working with a Delray Beach truck accident lawyer.
The average fully-loaded commercial truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Compare that to the average passenger vehicle weight of 5000 pounds and it’s clear that the sheer size and weight of an 18-wheeler could mean disaster if you are involved in a collision with one. In 2015, Florida alone saw over 200 fatal crashes involving large trucks.
Any crash can mean a huge disruption to your life, whether you experience physical injury, extensive car damage, or psychological trauma. In addition, you might take on an extreme financial burden in the aftermath of a trucking accident, regardless of whether the incident was your fault.
Fortunately, a Delray Beach truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo is here to fight for you and get you the compensation you deserve.
Determining Fault in Semi-Truck Collisions
May factors can contribute to a catastrophic collision with a semi. Most accidents are caused by driver negligence, such as when a driver fails to act with the reasonable care expected of him or her. In Florida, our courts use a comparative negligence system to determine fault. Each person at fault is responsible for the percentage of the damage caused by his or her negligence.
With a collision involving an 18-wheeler, any number of factors may be at play:
- Driver Training and Experience – Inadequate training may be a major factor in trucking accidents. With the high demand for drivers, many trucking companies may not invest the proper time and resources into training their new hires.
- Distracted Driving – In 2015 alone, 3,477 fatalities occurred as a result of distracted driving behaviors. These behaviors include performing any task while driving that could impair reaction time, such as texting, eating, or using a cell phone.
- Drowsy Driving – Truckers are at particular risk of drowsy driving due to long hauls and the pressure to meet deadlines. The danger posed by drowsy driving is extremely high. In fact, it’s similar to that of drunk driving.
Unfortunately, many trucking companies have ruthless attorneys and adjusters whose primary job is to protect the trucking company at your expense. That’s why it’s important to have a knowledgeable, experienced Delray Beach truck accident lawyer in your corner.
What’s My Truck Crash Claim Worth?
Any vehicle accident can mean a long list of unexpected expenses. Typical expenses faced in the aftermath of an 18-wheeler collision may include any of the following:
- Medical bills, both current and future
- Car repairs
- Lost wages and future income opportunities
- Funeral expenses for a loved one
- Therapy and emotional support costs
These costs may well be outside the reach of your income—and the trucking company will not be on your side in settling your claim. Contacting a commercial trucking accident lawyer is the first step toward getting the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Delray Beach 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Recovering from the physical, emotional, and financial trauma of a semi-truck accident shouldn’t be something you face alone. Help is available when you contact a Delray Beach truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. Call 561-659-6366 or use the online contact form to arrange your free consultation.