Boynton Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
If a crash with a semi-truck has left you badly injured, you might have the option to seek compensation from the at-fault party. Find out by speaking with a Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer.
Any car accident is a scary experience; an accident with an 18-wheeler is even more terrifying. A fully loaded truck can weigh 80,000 pounds, in stark contrast to a regular car’s 3,000–4,000 pounds. A large commercial truck, when driven in a dangerous manner, poses a threat to all vehicles on the road.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident with a semi-truck, you may find yourself up against the trucking company’s legal department. Trucking companies have lawyers whose job is to protect the company’s profits. These lawyers are far more concerned with minimizing economic losses than in making sure you’re taken care of.
A Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can be an invaluable legal ally who will stand up to the trucking company and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Who’s at Fault for a Commercial Truck Crash?
There are often many people and companies involved with the maintenance and operation of an 18-wheeler or semi-truck. One company may manufacture the truck’s brakes, another may be responsible for loading the truck, and then there is the truck’s driver. Any one or several of these parties could be found liable after a crash.
Your Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer will review the details of your case with you and determine who is at fault. Below are some scenarios in which a driver or other entity may be found responsible for a wreck:
- Drowsy Driving – Some trucking companies have compensation systems in place that reward drivers for traveling many miles on little sleep. However, a drowsy driver is a dangerous driver: Nearly 5,000 people in the United States died in 2015 due to drowsy driving accidents.
- Drunk or Distracted Driving – Drunk driving and distracted driving are both extremely negligent behaviors, made all the more dangerous when one driver is commanding a forty-ton vehicle.
- Truck Was Improperly Loaded – An improperly loaded truck could mean the truck has an increased likelihood of rolling over and causing serious damage. The person or persons who loaded the truck could be found liable.
- Defective Parts – If faulty brakes, signals, steering columns, or something similar contribute to an accident, the parts manufacturer could be responsible for damages.
Dealing with the Trucking Company’s Insurance
Lawyers for the trucking companies do not have your best interests at heart. Immediately after an accident, these lawyers will come to the scene and begin building their defense. They may ask you to accept a settlement or sign a waiver while you’re in an extremely vulnerable position after a crash. Such a settlement will likely only cover immediate and obvious needs.
Your Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer will work to get you full compensation that covers all of the hardships you may be facing due to your injuries. These may include any of the following that apply to your situation:
- Current and future medical bills
- Car repairs or replacement
- Lost wages and income opportunity
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
Contact a Boynton Beach 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
The days and weeks after a commercial truck accident can be incredibly difficult, but there is hope. Contact a Boynton Beach truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo today. Call 561-659-6366 or use the online contact form to schedule a free consultation today.