Boynton Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When you’ve been the victim of medical negligence, you can recover damages from the responsible healthcare provider. Find out how to proceed with your claim by speaking with a Boynton Beach medical malpractice lawyer.
Every healthcare provider takes an oath to do no harm. Unfortunately, some providers fail to live up to this oath, causing their patients to become sick or injured. If this has been your experience, you might be able to hold the negligent medical professional responsible by seeking compensation through a malpractice claim.
This is not an easy process, however. The negligent provider won’t want to admit fault as it could damage his or her professional reputation. Simultaneously, the malpractice insurer that’s involved will want to minimize what they pay out on your claim.
This process might be complicated, but you can simplify it by working with a Boynton Beach medical malpractice lawyer from the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo. We can build the case your claim needs, and we can deal with the insurer and legal hurdles for you.
What Qualifies As Malpractice?
Medical malpractice isn’t always straightforward. It’s important to note that a doctor can do everything correctly and your health could still deteriorate.
Malpractice only applies if some form of medical negligence is involved. This could be a failure to do something that a responsible doctor would have done, or it could be an active mistake that was made. It might be as simple as failing to inform you of the risks involved with a medication or procedure.
These are just a few examples of medical negligence that a Boynton Beach medical malpractice lawyer from our firm can help you with:
- Birth Injuries – Negligence during the prenatal period or delivery process can put both the mother and the child at risk. Everything from some form of palsy to wrongful death can occur.
- Failure to Diagnose – If your doctor missed or dismissed symptoms that a responsible healthcare professional wouldn’t have ignored, a malpractice claim might apply.
- Misdiagnosis – Failing to correctly identify a medical condition could cause you to undertake a treatment that leaves you hurt in other ways. It might also give your condition time to worsen, possibly reaching an untreatable stage.
- Medication Errors – Prescribing the wrong medication or failing to take into account drug interactions can subject you to harmful side effects and other complications.
- Surgical Errors – From anesthesia errors to performing the wrong procedure to leaving something inside you, a surgical error can mean drastic consequences for your health.
Collecting Compensation for Medical Errors
You deserve to be fully compensated for all of the ways that your life and finances have been negatively impacted by medical negligence. Some of these damages will be financial, while others will represent how your quality of life has been hurt.
If you’ve experienced any of the following, they should be factored into your financial compensation:
- Current and future medical needs and expenses
- Lost income and earning ability
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Connect with a Boynton Beach Medical Negligence Lawyer
Don’t let a careless medical provider get away with leaving you injured or sick. Let the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo help you collect full compensation for what you’ve been through. To get started with a free consultation with a Boynton Beach medical malpractice lawyer, just call 561-659-6366 or complete the contact form on this page.