Boca Raton Premises Liability Lawyer
Accidents can and do happen every day in Boca Raton. Maybe you slipped and fell while shopping downtown. Or maybe you were bitten by a dog at a friend’s home. It’s easy to get hurt on someone else’s property. A premises liability lawyer can help.
Accidents can be demoralizing—especially when someone else’s carelessness is the culprit. They can also be expensive.
Did another’s negligence hurt you? A Boca Raton premises liability lawyer can help. Learn your options for filing a Boca Raton injury claim.
Florida Premises Liability Laws
By Florida law, property owners must care for the safety of visitors to their property. That means the owner of a shop, restaurant, grocery store, or even private home must keep their property safe.
As such, property owners must:
- keep their properties safe
- warn the public about the possibility of dangers, and
- continually monitor the property for dangers.
Some premises liability cases in Boca Raton can include:
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries — A slip-and-fall from a wet floor, dangerous set of stairs, or other obstacle can lead to serious injuries. They can include spinal cord and back injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), or a fractured or dislocated bone.
- Dog Bite Injuries — An aggressive dog can cause serious damage.
- Pool Injuries — A certain standard of care must be met in order to prevent pool-related injuries. When you’re hurt in a preventable accident, you might have a case.
- Building Security Issues Injuries — Say an apartment renter is hurt by someone who entered the property by taking advantage of lax building security. They may have a case against the building owner.
Whatever the nature of your accident, if a property owner was at fault, a premises liability lawyer can help.
Timeline for a Premises Liability Claim in Boca Raton
Premises liability lawsuits in Florida have deadlines. In a premises liability suit, you have four years. Any claim filed after four years will likely be tossed out.
Four years seems like a long time. But filing a premises liability suit takes time. Your lawyer in Boca Raton will need to investigate your case. That involves gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, and assessing your claim’s potential value.
This is why most victims speak to a premises liability lawyer as soon as possible.
Reach Out to a Premises Liability Lawyer in Boca Raton
Getting a lawyer shows the property owner and their insurer you plan to collect full damages for your injuries. The team at The Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo has years of experience fighting for those hurt in Boca Raton. We can help you, too.
Speak with a Boca Raton premises liability lawyer at our firm. Call 561-659-6366 or fill out the form below to schedule a hassle-free case consult. You only pay when you win!