If you’ve been injured in Boca Raton, a personal injury lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you need to fully recover.
A catastrophic injury can make a huge impact on your life, regardless of who or what caused your injury. You may never be able to return to work, and your injuries may be irreversible, leaving you with a sense of hopelessness and injustice.
Getting financial compensation for your accident won’t erase what happened to you, but it may allow you to get the treatment you need to move on with your life.
After a serious injury, you may require physical therapy, mental health treatment, or in-home caregivers. You will also have large medical bills to deal with, but why should you have to pay for an accident you didn’t cause?
A Boca Raton injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo can handle your injury claim while you focus on getting healthy.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
Many types of serious injuries justify compensation, but some injuries will be more detrimental to your quality of life and your financial situation and will therefore entitle you to more. You want to get a fair settlement so your future financial stability will be taken care of.
If you have suffered any of the following injuries through no fault of your own, you deserve compensation:
- Severe Burns – Deep burns can cause permanent joint damage, which can limit your mobility. Burns can also be psychologically damaging when they scar or disfigure you.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Brain injuries range from moderate to severe, but in many cases, they will affect your cognitive functioning. This may mean an inability to return to work.
- Fractured or Broken Bones – These can range in severity but may impact your mobility for life.
- Organ Damage – This type of injury could shorten your lifespan or require extensive surgery that may affect your body’s ability to function for life.
- Spine and Neck Injuries – Depending on the extent of the damage to your spine or neck, this type of injury may prevent you from working and may require extensive caregiving assistance.
- Amputations – The loss of a limb can impact everything from your mobility to your ability to complete even routine tasks and may require physical assistance or some kind of mechanical aid.
After you’ve been seriously injured, you will likely feel a sense of grief. Adjusting to your new life will be difficult and may require extensive physical therapy and mental health treatment. Your attorney will seek damages not only for your medical bills, but also for your mental distress, pain and suffering, and future lost income.
Common Injury Causes
A number of factors could have led to your catastrophic injury, and determining what caused it and who was at fault is important in seeking compensation. In many cases, more than one person or entity may be responsible for your injury, and a Boca Raton personal injury attorney can determine the responsible parties and add them to your demand letter.
Injuries commonly stem from these types of accidents:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – If you are seriously injured in a car crash due to someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. For example, if your Uber driver gets in a wreck due to distracted driving, the driver or Uber can be found liable.
- Premises Liability – When you are a guest on someone else’s property, it is the property owner’s responsibility to keep you safe. If you suffer a catastrophic injury due to the property owner’s failure to maintain his or her premises, he or she can be held responsible.
- Medical Malpractice – You put your life in your medical professional’s hands, and you expect him or her to take that trust seriously. If, for example, your dentist sends you home with the wrong medication and you are injured because of it, your dentist should be held accountable for medical negligence.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect – When you place a family member in a nursing home, you expect your loved one to be given the very best care. If he or she is neglected or abused, the nursing home and medical professionals should be held liable.
Dealing with Insurance After Your Injury
Insurance companies are never fun to deal with, but they can be even more difficult when you are suffering from a serious injury and in need of compensation. You need to be focused on your physical and mental health, not arguing with insurance companies that don’t care about you or your health.
The doctrine of comparative fault in Florida makes claims even more confusing, and if you try to deal with insurance companies on your own, you may find yourself accidentally admitting fault. The more fault is found with you, the less your claim will be worth.
Insurance companies know what they’re doing. They want to pay you the lowest settlement possible, and they know all the terminology and laws surrounding Boca Raton personal injury claims.
Fortunately for you, your injury lawyer will also know all the terminology and laws regarding catastrophic personal injuries, and the insurance companies won’t be able to pull one over on us.
We will be happy to deal with them for you so you can get your health in order. We will gather evidence like police reports and witness accounts, as well as assist you in collecting medical documentation, going to court on your behalf, and anything else required to get you the maximum available compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve compensation that will cover everything you have suffered or lost. Don’t let an insurance company give you a lowball settlement offer that won’t allow you to move on with your life.
Allow us to help you by handling the insurance company for you, gathering evidence for your claim, and fighting for your full and fair compensation.
To speak with a Boca Raton injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Casey D. Shomo, give us a call at 561-659-6366 to discuss your options during a free consultation.